SHORT TERM TRAINING PROGRAMMES.
1. Architectural Education – Transition from pedagogy to Andragogy.
2. Rediscovering the myth and science of Vastu Shastra.
3. Epistemological paradigms of Vastu –Traditions and Practices.
4. An Impetus to Landscape Realm.
VISITING FACULTY PROGRAMS. (2013-2014)
1. Sri Kanayi Kunhiraman- Master Sculptor.
2. Ar. Brijesh Shaijal-Principal Architect, BSArchitects.
3. Ar. Prasanth Mohan-Architect, Photographer &Cinematographer.
4. Shoji Joy Edison-Scientist, Horticulturist, Krishi Vigyan Kendra
VISITING FACULTY PROGRAMS. (2014-2015)
1. Ar. Balaji V Chari -HOD, Global Institute of Technology, Palakkad.
2. Ar. Thomas Jose -Principal Architect, Dhrumam architects.
3. Sunil D Kuruvilla -Director, Insight Mission.
4. Biju P John -Co-ordinator, COSTFORD, Kottayam.
5. Sunil D Kuruvilla-Director, Insight Mission.
6. Ar. Prasanth Mohan-Architect, Photographer & Cinematographer.
7. Dr. Shoji Joy Edison-Horticulture Scientist, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Ernakulam.
LIST OF DISSERTATIONS UNDERTAKEN BY STUDENTS DURING 2014-15.
1. Artificial lighting in retail space.
2. Energy efficient construction practices in high altitude regions of India, case of warm-humid climate.
3. Solar chimmneys-development of indoor air quality in residence under hot and dry climate zones in India.
4. Form and culture-study of agraharams in Thiruvananthapuram
5. Aesthetic judgement and visual impact of architectural forms.
6. Study on gujarati settlement in Calicut.
7. Adaptive reuse of industrial buildings in Kerala.
8. Interaction friendly campus.
9. Natural cooling and ventilation of buildings in warm humid climate.
10. Drywall system an alternate solution for conventional wall system in interior of building s of Kerala.
11. Design and analysis of net zero energy buildings.
12. Space utilization beneath the flyovers.
13. Minimalist concept in residential design
14. Redefining eco-resorts and developing guidelines for rating eco resorts
15. Construction techniques in flood planes
16. A case study on utilitarian architecture during 18th and 19th century
17. Bamboo as construction material
18. Freedom of space-a study of user freedom in design space
19. Evolution of libraries for better learning environment.
20. Neighbourhood - study of neighbourhood units.
21. Exploring the flexibility in stadium design
22. People's aspiration on changing architectural language of churches.
23. Architectural solutions for urban heat island effect - a study of cities in Kerala.
24. Smart home - the future of home automation
25. Weaving fashion and architecture - exploring the parallel relationship between fashion and architecture.
26. Between stillness and motion
27. Potential for young children’s development a focus on outdoor learning environment
28. Downsizing the residence.
29. Fabritecture - an infectious passion to possibilities
30. Reinventing art museum experience through architecture - study of architectural variables on enhancing museum.
31. Artificial islands - design, construction and impacts.
LIST OF STUDENT PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN DURING 2013
1. Architectural Design Project –Apartment building at Kottayam. (Semester Five).
2. Architectural Design Project –Architectural school at Kottayam. (Semester Six).
3. Architectural Design Project – Residence at Kottayam (Semester Four).
4. Architectural Design Project – Kindergarten at Kottayam (Semester Three).
5. Architectural Design Project - Bus Shelter (Semester One & Two).
LIST OF STUDENT PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN DURING 2014
6. Architectural Design Project –Four Star Hotel building at Kottayam. (Semester Five).
7. Architectural Design Project –Residential School at Kanjirapally. (Semester Six).
8. Architectural Design Project – Residence at Kottayam (Semester Four).
9. Architectural Design Project –SPA at Thodupuzha (Semester Three).
10. Architectural Design Project - Bus Shelter (Semester One & Two).
LIST OF STUDENT PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN DURING 2015
1. Urban Design Project – Kottayam Town. (Semester Nine).
2. Architectural Design Project - Commercial Complex at Kottayam. (Semester Five).
3. Architectural Design Project - Old Age Home at Peerumedu. (Semester Three).